1. Click on Sales
2. Click on Active Inquiries
3. Click on Create Inquiry
4. In this sample we will be creating an Inquiry for Ocean Export Forwarding. Click on Ocean Export Forwarding.
5. Fill up all of the Mandatory Fields and all of the details available with you.
Note: While this form may have very basic mandatory fields, the details that you add at this stage will be pre-populated in later stages of the work flow, i.e. in the quote that you build from the enquiry or Shipment that you create, there for eliminating repetitive data entry.
6. As you are entering the customer, you can leverage the credit control tag to review a customer's history and take informed decisions on your margin or other terms. Here's an example of a high risk customer, click on the credit label to quickly view their past summary.
7. Here's how a credit summary will look like.
8. Along with sales person you can also assign a dedicated pricing person for your Inquiry.
9. Feel free to use Inquiry Description to specify any details, in this sample we have entered the original message for query that was raised from customer.
10. To increase chances of winning the Inquiry and helping your pricing team you can specify target rate. To manage TATs you can also specify Target Closing Date
11. Tags are a great way to differentiate types of pricing. For eg if you are running sales campaigns, using tags can be a way for your teams to know that they need to provide the campaign specific pricing.
Note: While the tags do have some pre-populated options, you can also create your own.
12. Click on Seaport…
13. You may also specify preferred carriers.
14. Further you can add container details, value added services (if any provided) and upload any relevant documents that will help your team.
15. In the above example we selected FCL therefore the form gave us option to enter container details, in case of LCL, you will not see the Container section, you may capture the LCL details in Cargo section
16. Click on Create Inquiry
17. A unique Inquiry number will be generated for your reference. Here's how the Inquiry summary screen will look like. You can now create as many quotes against this Inquiry as you like to be sent to customers.
Click here to learn how to create & share Quotation with your customers.
See this within app